Preperation and After Care
Airbrush Spray Tan Preparation
- Exfoliating with Smooth Glow™ the day before you airbrush spray tan to remove loose, dead, dry skin cells which will improve and extend tanning results.
- Before airbrush spray tanning, skin should be clean and dry with no soap residue to interfere with tan. Avoid bar soap.
- Do not apply deodorant or perfumes to skin prior to tanning.
- It is recommended to shave the day before you tan.
- Remove makeup before the tanning process, but it is not absolutely necessary.
- Remove any jewelry when being airbrushed.
- Select an old, preferably dark bathing suit or disposable garments to wear while being airbrushed, and loose darker clothing to wear afterwards.
- Apply additional moisture before you shower for the first time to maintain a bronzed look. Gloves are recommended.
- Although the likelihood of an allergic reaction is very small, a patch test is recommended for persons who have a known sensitivity to sunless products or the ingredients.
- Fair skin types may require a follow-up sunless application 24 to 72 hours later to achieve a darker tan.
- After an airbrush spray tan, wait at least 10-12 hours before bathing or exercise to allow the DHA bronzer to allow the reaction process.
After Care & Tips
- Moist, hydrated skin will help your airbrush tan last longer.
- Use Perfect Glow 2-3 times a week to extend your airbrush tan.
- Use Flawless Faces™ to maintain your tan on your face and touch up.
- Avoid perspiring, and contact with water before the first shower. Water can cause streaks. The bronzer will wash off during your first shower.
- Moisturize at least twice a day with hydrating lotion. Hydrated skin will enable the tan to last longer and slows the process of natural skin exfoliation. Products that contain high levels of alcohol will cause tan to fade quicker and unevenly.
- Hot baths, showers and swimming in chlorine will also accelerate exfoliation and fade your tan. Using waterproof sun screen or block will help slow the exfoliation process in a pool.
- The use of AHA products will increase exfoliation and accelerate fading. Use Flawless Faces™ when washing your exfoliating your face to touchup the sunless tan bronzed color.
- Prior to your first shower, bronzer may rub off while you sleep. Although Endless Glow color will wash out of most fabrics, cover your pillow.
- Every five weeks of airbrush spray-tanning, it is recommended to let your skin rest for 10 days. This allows you to completely lose your sunless tan, which helps eliminate patchiness or uneven areas of wear. These areas are caused by normal contact with clothing and other surfaces, which cause unintended exfoliation.